We’re entering an era where client relationships are managed digitally. Kaizan is building an ambient AI to optimise and empower Client Success teams to manage multiple clients, provide best-in-class service, and scale revenue.
Kaizan's founding team have built and scaled multi-million ARR products at Facebook, OVO Energy, Fnatic and Affectv, and have always witnessed the same challenge; retaining and growing clients is critical, but there isn’t a product built specifically for CS teams. Our investors, domain experts in AI, SaaS and VC, have also acutely seen this pain with their experience across Entrepreneur First, Founders Factory, Ledger, Silicon Roundabout Ventures and MiQ.
Recent advances in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing mean that we are finally able to build an AI that reads, writes, shares and suggests what each Client Success Manager can do to manage multiple clients, provide best-in-class service, and scale each client.
We’re looking for people passionate about augmenting the abilities of people at work, and to be responsible for building products that define how people will interface with AI. You’ll work closely with our founders to define an ethical framework to guide our AI and future product development.
What will you be doing?
Our Front-End tech stack is based on Svelte and TypeScript. As part of the product we are building, we are currently developing a browser extension for Google Meet and will be soon working on integrating with other G-Suite products and other audio/video communication platforms.
We are looking for a Lead Front-End engineer to join our team and help to build a core part of our platform offering. As a Lead Front-end engineer who will be responsible for:
- Building the product - You will be responsible for the way our customers interact with the product across different channels. You will work closely within a product team (engineering, product and design) to plan and implement our core product.We are in the early stages of our journey trying to find product market fit. We have some interesting technical challenges to solve on the way. We need to iterate quickly as a team on the product feature set and user experience to get it just right, while also ensuring we are establishing the foundation of a solid, maintainable and scalable code base so we can keep moving fast.
- Refining engineering practices - As an early engineer, you'll have a prominent voice in both the how and the why around engineering. You will help to define how we approach some new problems and to evolve our ways of working, engineering culture and good practices as we grow.
- Shaping the culture and growing the team - Everyone on the early team plays an important role in attracting, closing, and growing other talented team members. The biggest factor in our ability to build amazing products is the team, so we look to you to help set the example for the kind of team we all want to build together.
Is this the job for you?
- Product focused - We are looking for people who are interesting in using technology to build a product and iterate on this product with the goal of disrupting an industry while being attentive to details and quality and trying to bring the best experience to our users.
- Problem solver - We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dip their toes into unfamiliar territory. We are building a complex product with technical challenges and complex client based integrations with different external platforms.
- Prior experience - We are looking for people who have:
- Some experience in reactive programming;
- Good experience with UI/UX patterns;
- Know how to build/test/maintain and scale single page applications;
- Good knowledge of REST APIs principles and web sockets and more generally of how back end works;
- Senior role - This is a senior role. We are looking for people who have been there and done it so that they can help us choose the shortest successful paths while avoiding meaningless cycles (yes, we just came up with a comp sci joke in a job advert).We’re looking for people who have a comprehensive knowledge of engineering patterns, and know when to break them. And who would be comfortable leading and motivating a small team of engineers in the future, and who can help attract, mentor and grow their team.
- Track record - We are looking for people who can demonstrate how they have developed, shipped, scaled and maintained great products and who can understand what matters at each stage of the release cycle and of the company development.
Our engineering values
- Pragmatism - We always try to find the right balance between moving fast and building for the future. We always keep the context in which we are in mind when making decisions and value solutions and technologies that we can prove to work for us.
- Keeping things simple - We aim to build things that are elegant and simple. Software can be complex but should not be complicated.
- Software Quality and Craftsmanship - We have a strong focus on software maintainability, sustainability (over time and at scale) and reliability. What we develop adds value to the product we are building and is well tested. We care about all users experience our software, including ourselves as developers. We use the right tools to ship code with confidence it works and to know when it breaks.
Bonus points if
- You have built browser extension
- You have built native desktop or mobile apps.
- You have some Back-End experience
- You have some knowledge in Python and Django
What you get in return
In addition to a base salary of £80,000-£100,000 (depending on experience) and meaningful stock options, you will get to
- Work in an exciting field with team members who are experts in their domain.
- Work on the latest advances in NLP and ML.
- Work in a flexible, remote-first environment with zero red-tape.