We’re entering an era where client relationships are managed digitally. Kaizan is building an ambient AI to optimise and empower Client Success teams to manage multiple clients, provide best-in-class service, and scale revenue.
Kaizan's founding team have built and scaled multi-million ARR products at Facebook, OVO Energy, Fnatic and Affectv, and have always witnessed the same challenge; retaining and growing clients is critical, but there isn’t a product built specifically for CS teams. Our investors, domain experts in AI, SaaS and VC, have also acutely seen this pain with their experience across Entrepreneur First, Founders Factory, Ledger, Silicon Roundabout Ventures and MiQ.
Recent advances in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing mean that we are finally able to build an AI that reads, writes, shares and suggests what each Client Success Manager can do to manage multiple clients, provide best-in-class service, and scale each client.
We’re looking for people passionate about augmenting the abilities of people at work, and to be responsible for building products that define how people will interface with AI. You’ll work closely with our founders to define an ethical framework to guide our AI and future product development.
What will you be doing?
Our Back-End tech stack is based on Python and Django with PostgresSQL, Redis and Celery. It powers the core of the platform we are currently developing. We are looking for a Back-End engineer to join our team and help to develop the core part of our platform offering. As a Back-End engineer you will be responsible for:
- Building the product - You will be working on the core part of the platform, developing new features than be used by our browser extension or on our main web application or to power/leverage our NLP models. You will work within a product team (engineering, product and design) to plan and implement our core product.We are in the early stages of our journey trying to find product market fit. We have some very interesting technical challenges to solve on the way. We are building a complex product that uses Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence that needs production quality deployment, monitoring, reliability and availability. We also need to iterate quickly as a team on the product feature set to get it just right, while also ensuring we are establishing the foundation of a solid, maintainable and scalable code base so we can keep moving fast.
- Refining engineering practices - As an early engineer, you'll have a prominent voice in both the how and the why around engineering. You will help to define how we approach some new problems and to evolve our ways of working, engineering culture and good practices as we grow.
- Shaping the culture and growing the team - Everyone on the early team plays an important role in attracting, closing, and growing other talented team members. The biggest factor in our ability to build amazing products is the team, so we look to you to help set the example for the kind of team we all want to build together.
Is this the job for you?
- Product focussed - We are looking for people who are interesting in using technology to build a product and iterate on this product with the goal of disrupting an industry while being attentive to details and quality and trying to bring the best experience to our users.
- Problem solver - We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dip their toes into unfamiliar territory and think outside of the box. We are building a complex product with technical challenges and complex problems related to tasks orchestrations, system distribution, Machine Learning and Natural Language processing.
- Prior experience - We are looking for people who have:
- Strong knowledge in Python;
- Commercial experience using Django and eventually Django REST framework;
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs;
- Experience working Full stack;
- Experience working with web sockets (optional);
- Experience working with distributed systems in Python (e.g. Celery and queues);
- Experience with cloud based hosting (setting up and maintaining cloud based architectures);
- Senior role - This is a senior role. We are looking for people who have been there and done it so that they can help us choose the shortest successful paths while avoiding meaningless cycles (yes, we just came up with a comp sci joke in a job advert).We’re looking for people who have a comprehensive knowledge of engineering patterns, and know when to break them. And who would be comfortable leading and motivating a small team of engineers in the future, and who can help attract, mentor and grow their team.
- Track record - We are looking for people who can demonstrate how they have developed, shipped, scaled and maintained great products and who can understand what matters at each stage of the release cycle and of the company development.
Our engineering values
- Pragmatism - We always try to find the right balance between moving fast and building for the future. We always keep the context in which we are in mind when making decisions and value solutions and technologies that we can prove to work for us.
- Keeping things simple - We aim to build things that are elegant and simple. Software can be complex but should not be complicated.
- Software Quality and Craftsmanship - We have a strong focus on software maintainability, sustainability (over time and at scale) and reliability. What we develop adds value to the product we are building and is well tested. We care about all users experience our software, including ourselves as developers. We use the right tools to ship code with confidence it works and to know when it breaks.
Bonus points if
- You have experience with Heroku or AWS
- You have worked on projects using Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- You have experience with the G-Suite APIs
- You have experience working with Elastic Search
- You have experience building data pipelines
- You know about HTML over-the-wire
What you get in return
In addition to a base salary of £80,000-£100,000 (depending on experience) and meaningful stock options, you will get to
- Work in an exciting field with team members who are experts in their domain.
- Work on the latest advances in NLP and ML.
- Work in a flexible, remote-first environment with zero red-tape.